Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The People I photogaphed in China - Young ladies

Tibetan ladies peddling their wares on a wooden bridge. She stole a glance while I stole a picture.
This was taken on one of the tourist buses plying the routes in the Jiuzhaigou National Park. I wish I had a better camera.
This Tibetan young lady wanted me to buy some of the things she was selling. I asked to take a picture of her and then bought a few beaded bracelets from her. See that beautiful shawl on her shoulder? I should have bought that too but by the time she indicated she wanted me to buy it, I was already on the bus and it was ready to leave.
I do not know what the baskets were meant to carry. Regrets for not asking. This picture was taken at an old town where centuries old wooden buildings were preserved for tourists. There were shops restaurants and souvenir stalls.
These young ladies, probably restaurant staff, were preparing garlic for cooking. This girl was at one of the rest-stops along the way from Jiuzhaigou to Chengdu. Take note of the interesting sleeves.
The bus was given a wash while we took a break from the long journey back to Chengdu.
Stylish road sweeper. Reminds me of the movie "Hibiscus Town".

No comments: