Monday, April 12, 2010

Tamshui Fisherman's Wharf

 When I left Xinbeitou, it was about 4pm. I decided to take the MRT to the end of the blue line to Danshui which was reputed to be a place where you can view beautiful sunsets. By the time I arrived at the Danshui station, a red-bricked building and caught the bus no. 26 that took me to the Tamshui Fisherman's wharf it was cold and gloomy and hopes for a glorious sunset were dashed. In life you win some and you lose some. I walked around the area, crossed the Lovers' Bridge to be closer to the sea. Fishing activities have ceased and empty fishing boats have retired for the day. People went there to enjoy their evening walks and to have dinner in one of the numerous small restaurants and eating places. I went there to take a look and missing the sunset, I decided to head back to Ximenting on the crowded train.

1 comment:

alicesg said...

Very interesting outing. So nice to be able to take pubic transport when in other countries. Can see more on the local lifestyle. I did use the public transport when I was in KL and Macau. Quite easy to move around. But in Cambodia it is a bit difficult, not safe and too many motor bikes.